The Redback Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw is an easy-to-use and powerful tool for cutting. It is lightweight, weighing only 11 lbs, long-lasting, with a 12" Oregon bar and chain that runs at 5200 RPM, and powered by a battery so it produces less noise and harmful emissions. The chainsaw also has an integrated electrical and mechanical chain brake for safety.
This guide will discuss the vital care and maintenance steps to keep your chainsaw in top condition.
- Remove its battery before performing any maintenance on your Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw and storing it.
- Store it in a dry, dust-free, and frost-free place, ideally at 50° - 77°F (10-25 °C).
- Ensure all screws are securely tightened before use, and check them periodically for any signs of wear.
- Keep the unit, particularly its plastic components, away from brake fluids, petrol, petroleum products, penetrating oil, etc.
Use a hand brush when cleaning the Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw. Avoid using water or liquid detergent, as they can damage the unit. Instead, use a dry hand brush to gently remove dust or debris accumulated on the surface of the unit. It will help keep the unit in good condition and ensure its longevity.
Battery Tool Care
- To avoid the fire risk, only use the charger specified by the manufacturer for your Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw battery pack. Using a charger for a different type of battery pack may be dangerous.
- Always use power tools with the battery packs that are specifically designated for them.
- Keep the battery pack away from any metal objects, such as keys, coins, nails, screws, or paper clips that may connect the terminals. It is vital when the battery pack is not in use as it may cause fire.
- Contact with battery liquid can cause burns or irritation. Avoid contact and flush with water if it does come in contact. Seek medical attention immediately if it gets into your eyes.
- Using batteries with damaged cases is not recommended. Always dispose of batteries properly, and avoid throwing them in the household waste.
Before and during chainsaw operation, ensure that there is always enough chain oil. You can check the oil by using the oil level indicator. If the oil level is low, add more chain oil to the reservoir. Inadequate lubrication can lead to a shorter service life of the chainsaw and require more effort when cutting, so always operate your Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw with adequate chain lubricating oil.
To check if the chainsaw has enough lubrication, start the chainsaw and hold the running saw chain 6 inches above a surface, such as a sheet of paper or cardboard. A light trail of oil should be visible on the surface if there is adequate chain lubrication. It will confirm that the oil is in line with the chainsaw.
Caring for your Redback Flex 40V Cordless Chainsaw is essential to keep your it in peak condition. If you want more detailed instructions, refer to the manual provided or download it here.